Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Round 2 nearly done

Phew, this one is almost out of here.  The bulk of the precipitation associated with the main low pressure system is working eastward and should be clear New England by mid afternoon.  There will still be a few leftover snow showers from time to time into the early evening, but additional accumulations will be light.

The best chance for 1-3" of additional snow will be in Central and Northern New England.  A trailing line of light to occasional moderate snow will move across the region late this afternoon and tonight.  This line is currently over the Great Lakes.

I'm regretting making a "Storm Totals" map for this 2 day storm.  It would have been for my own, well yours as well, satisfaction.  I like to keep track of how well I did in my forecasting.  Which in this case wasn't some of my best.  Anyway, here is a link to a neat page that the National Weather Service creates.  Snow totals in map form.

Once you get all the snow cleared out, get some rest because it doesn't look like we are done yet.  Most of the longer range forecast models are pointing at 3 more storms.  Yes I said 3.

Next up would be Saturday, mainly on Saturday afternoon/evening.  Beyond that we are looking at another potential system on Tuesday and maybe another for next Friday.

Stay tuned and thanks for reading!

-Jon K.

No comments:

Post a Comment