Friday, February 4, 2011

Map time!

Updating a little earlier than I expected today.  I have far too much snow clean up to do tonight that I'm going to bang this out before I get too deep into that.

I was having a difficult time trying to think of how to explain what areas were going to see how much, so I decided it was time for another map.  I also decided not to second guess myself and left my forecast amounts where they were.  However, I think that most places that are in those designated zones are going to be on the low side of the ranges.  I'm leaving myself a bit of room for error on the high side in case this storm ends up a being a few degrees colder.

The National Weather Service has issued Winter Storm Watches for Southern and Central New Hampshire and then into a good portion of Maine.  Not sure amount will be high enough to warrant this watch in Southern New Hampshire.  This probably won't be upgraded to warning, but will be changed to a Winter Weather Advisory late tonight or Saturday morning.

Most location, particularly south of Concord, NH will see the precipitation start as rain and will occasionally mix with snow.  Gradually the snow will become more prevalent until changing over completely during the evening hours.  Look for the precipitation to begin between 3 and 6 PM, reaching southwestern areas first and then progressing northeastward.  The changeover should occur sometime around 9 PM, give or take an hour, with the precipitation winding down shortly after midnight.

Here's that map I promised!



I'll have another quick update in the morning, just to make sure my forecast is still on track.

Thanks for reading!

-Jon K.

No comments:

Post a Comment