Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Fool's Storm update

I'm starting to wonder if Mother Nature is playing a trick on us.  Well, not a full fledged trick, but a small one.  Over the last few days the models have been depicting a well organized, strong storm.  Today's model runs are TOTALLY different.  All I'm seeing now is a disorganized, gradually strengthening storm.

I don't think I'm going to change my forecast totals, as the liquid output is still pretty high, generally between .75" and 2".  However, since this is disorganized, the precipitation will arrive a little earlier than I expected and getting heavier sooner as well.

The bulk of the precipitation now looks like it will fall overnight tonight, tapering off midday as opposed to late afternoon.  Look for some rain and snow starting in Southern New England by 7 or 8 PM tonight, if not sooner.  By midnight tonight, I think most areas of New England will be in on the precipitation.

This is going to make for a messy commute tomorrow morning, so keep that in mind.

I'll update again later if needed.

-Jon K.

No comments:

Post a Comment