Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No major changes to my forecast

No need to change my forecast totals much.  Not to brag or anything, but just about every other weather outlet has had to up their totals since yesterday.  I know I wasn't overly confident with the models, but relying on the models too much can burn you as a meteorologist.  What I will do this morning is try to narrow down exactly what areas will see how much snow with a bit more precision.  I broad brushed areas yesterday, I'll refine it this morning.  See image below of projected storm total through Thursday night:



The main contributor to snow totals will be overall duration of the event.  Locations in Southern NH and Northern MA will have snowfalling for over 24 hours.  It'll take a little while for the snow to start accumulating due to the ground not being completely frozen.  Once it does start sticking, it'll will start to pile up quickly, especially after midnight tonight.

More later, if necessary.

-Jon K.

1 comment: