Saturday, February 23, 2013

Update for 2/23-2/24 Storm

Feeling a little more confident in my forecast today, though I can say that confidence still isn't very high.  I'm seeing some features develop that is giving me a better idea as to what will happen but there is still a lot of uncertainty.

I've made a rather "crude" map using Google Docs.  My first time using it so excuse the horrible-ness of it.

Base Map is courtesy of Plymouth State Weather.

It looks to me like the majority of the heavier snow is going to be confined to Eastern MA and Southeastern NH.  I think there will be a jackpot to the north of Boston along the North Shore.  Here there could be up to 8" of snow.  South of Boston would probably also be a jackpot, but an extended period of mixing and then temperatures close to or above freezing will keep amounts down slightly.  Outside of the here, this storm is not going to be a big deal.  It will be not much snow over a long period of time, 12-18 hours.  It's looking like the worst of the storm will be after 7 AM Sunday to about 2 PM Sunday.  After that, things will start to wind down as the storm pulls further away.

If I see things changing, I'll update later today or early tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment