Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 25-26th Storm thoughts

Yay, first blog ever.  We'll see how long I can keep this up.

This was my brother's idea, so if this takes off, all thanks go to him.

I've been forecasting on an off for about 6 years now and I can honestly say this has been the toughest snow event I've had to deal with.  The forecast models continue to show different paths and outcomes of this system, even just 6 hours before the storm is schedule to start.  Makes for a stressed out meteorologist.  Fortunately I don't have anything riding on this, as in customer's, so it's not as stressful.

Anyway, this storm is seperated into 2 individual lows.  One that will move through, grazing Southern New England with some snow and a rain/snow mix in extreme Southern New England, South Coast to the Cape.  We'll the second batch of precipitation, mainly snow with more mixing south of I-90, beginning late afternoon, reaching Northern MA and Southern NH sometime between 4 and 7 PM.  There is still a lot uncertainty for amounts, but I have to come up with something, so here it is.

Inside I-95/128 - 8-12"

Between 128 and 495  6-10"

North of 495 to just north of Nashua - 3-6"

North of Nashua to about Concord 1-3"

Snow should be ending between 7 and 9 AM on Thursday morning.

Hopefully I'll have time to do another update late this afternoon.

-Jon

3 comments:

  1. This was done very quickly and is basically my first blog...go easy on me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonny Weatherman would've been a cooler nickname

    ReplyDelete
  3. grats on the blog lol, looks good!
    have fun with the snow

    ReplyDelete